- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ⅓ Tbsp. sweet, fresh basil
- 6 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- Using a large, ovenproof frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium high.
- Arrange the squash in the pan, add the water and season lightly with salt, pepper and basil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for five minutes, or until tender.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and drizzle with the remaining oil. Place under a preheated broiler and broil until the cheese melts and browns slightly.
Makes: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving)
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|