- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- ½ cup carrot (chopped)
- 1 tsp. ground thyme
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken, cooked, skinned and cubed
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup kale (chopped, about one large leaf)
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Add onion and carrot. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about five to eight minutes.
- Add thyme and garlic. Sauté for one more minute.
- Add water or broth, tomatoes, cooked rice, chicken and kale.
- Simmer for five to 10 minutes.
Makes: 3 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving)
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Sugars||2 g|